When seeking to sell property, you definitely look forward to attaining the best price. This is done after analysing the property valuation report. As such, you need to consider improving doing certain things to improve the worth of your property prior to property valuation. These go a long way in improving the appeal of your property.
Here are some tips to increase the value of your property:
- Declutter – Getting rid of clutter is a great start to increasing the value of your home. Decluttering is a good way of creating an impression of space and light in your property. Light and space are a great selling point as they make great photos while leaving room for imagination for the buyer to imagine the house with their own furniture. When combined with floor plans, great photos as well as clear copy they will maximise the impact marketing of your property.
- Create a lasting first impression – You only have one chance to make a lasting first impression therefore, you will do well to make your property stand out from the crowd as this creates competition between buyers. This way, you are able to get a good selling price.
- Redecorate – A little redecorating is a great way of putting your property ahead of competition. The good thing is that you do not have to redecorate the entire place rather, you can just focus on a small area that will have a great impact by making the property more appealing.
- Improve the curb appeal – The exterior of your property usually determines if a prospective buyer will be interested in the property or not. Regardless of the season, always ensure that you improve the exterior appeal of your property. For instance, you can consider introducing potted plants that add a splash of colour to the garden and the curb appeal in general.
- Spring clean – Work on your bathrooms and kitchen to ensure they gleam. In particular, consider resealing the wet areas as well as re-grouting areas those areas that are prone to staining. When your bathrooms and kitchen are clean and ready to use, it enhances the buyer’s feeling to want to move in.
Adding a dash of colour to the rooms will go a long way in improving the appeal of the property especially if you have moved out already. Fresh flowers, towels as well as bright bedspreads help here. In addition, be sure to replace carpets that are stained and damaged. A new and clean carpet gives a buyer the feeling of a having new car. If your carpets require freshening up, you can hire a local cleaner or borrow a machine and clean it yourself.
Overall, the journey to selling begins with property valuation. Thus, you need to maximise the appeal of your property by implementing the tips discussed above. This way, you can be sure to not only increase the value of your property but also make the most of your investment through a handsome return.